Saturday, May 31, 2008

Getting prepped for the trip...

Well we had our Honduras prep meeting today and things are looking good! There are some interesting things about this trip I want to share with you all so you know what this trip is all about and where your donations are going.

The culture in Honduras and the town we are staying in is very modest. No shorts or tank tops for me on this trip! Luckily I am not a smoker, because there is no smoking either. I will be giving the old liver a break as well since there is also no drinking! We will arrive in Siguatepeque after flying all night and get straight to work on the building. We will spend most days working at the orphanage with the possibility of a day trip or two toward the end of the trip.

We found out that our flight home on 6/17 is cancelled, so we will be there for an extra day. Communication with home is going to be few and far between. We are not sure what kind of options we will have when we get there. I may not be able to update the blog until I get back.

Thank you to Andy "little baby" Park for his donation this week. As part of the funds I have paid/raised toward this mission, $200 of that will be donated directly to the orphanage. We are donating around $1300 total from our group of 6 people directly to La Providencia (the orphanage).

That's about it for now. I have lots of shopping to do to get ready and will be spending the next week getting prepared. Bug spray, rain gear, candy for the kids, the list goes on and on!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: