Monday, May 26, 2008

Shoop's Shutter travels to Honduras

It's official! I will be traveling to Honduras the week of 6/10-6/17 with a small group of people from Lakeside Church of Folsom. Although I am not affiliated with the church, the group found that I could still be of service and help out a lot with my photography. While we are there, our mission will be to accomplish some of the following things:
  • To assist in the construction of the Providence orphanage building
  • To serve the people of Honduras and La Providencia
  • Make life long relationships with the people and families of Honduras
I will be assisting in the construction of the orphanage at La Providencia. As a photographer, I will also document anything and everything I can shoot. I know I will bring home some beautiful coverage of this experience and this country.

I know I can count on all of my friends and family to send well wishes and good luck my way. This is very much appreciated! For those of you who feel compelled to give a little more, I'd like to offer you a donation opportunity to help me get to Honduras and complete this mission.

All donations will go toward the cost of getting me to Honduras and the expense involved with my stay. I need to raise approximately $1,400 to cover my week in Honduras. I realize this is a lot of money but it is small in comparison to the lives that will be changed for the orphans of Honduras. They will have shelter, food, and education, among other things, that they normally would not have access to. All of your donations will support my mission. Anything beyond my expenses will be donated to Lakeside Church to support the orphanage and other missionaries.

In appreciation of your donations, I will offer a photographic gift upon my return from Honduras.
  • Donate $300 or more and receive a signed limited edition, 16x20 gallery wrapped canvas print of your choice from my Honduras gallery
  • Donate $200-$299 and receive a signed limited edition, 11x14 gallery wrapped canvas print of your choice from my Honduras gallery
  • Donate $100-$199 and receive a signed, limited edition, 8x10 gallery wrapped canvas print of your choice from my Honduras gallery
  • Donate $99 or less and receive an 8x10, matted and signed, limited edition print of your choice from my Honduras gallery
  • All amounts will receive a print, just $5 or $10 will help!
In addition to receiving a beautiful photographic keepsake from Honduras, your tax deductible donation will support a safe, clean and modern orphanage for the children of Honduras.

There are many ways to help and all are appreciated!
  • Donate money via PayPal to amber@shoopsshutter.com
  • Donate REI giftcards (we need rain gear, etc.)
  • Send your thoughts and prayers via email, mail, or just in spirit!

Thank you all for your support. I look forward to a life changing trip and can't wait to share it all with you when I return.

Amber Felts
Shoop's Shutter Photography
2795 E. Bidwell Street, STE 100-325
Folsom, CA 95630
916.804.8578
www.shoopsshutter.com

No comments: